Wedding Crafts

Finally over the jet lag and blogging again. I did a few projects for my wedding that I thought I would share. They were super easy and relatively inexpensive. These could be used for any type of party, not just weddings.

Cork Letter
The inspiration. I am not even sure where I found this idea but I loved it as soon as I saw it.


Pick up a wooden or cardboard letter. You can find at most craft store. The letter "B" was pretty easy. I think "S" or any letter with lots of curves would be more challenging.

Start hot gluing from the outside in. Or start with the straight part of your letter and work out. The curves are more tricky.

I used almost 70 corks for this project (I think it was about 12 inches tall). I was running short so I ordered a bag of corks on eBay. If you have more time, just hit up your favorite watering hole and ask them to hold them for you on a Saturday night and you will have enough corks in no time.

For the curved parts, cut a few corks in half

My Step dad helped me with this part (Thanks Bill!). I read on a blog that it helps to soak them in water before cutting, but we cut them dry without any issues.

The finished product at the event. We will be setting it up at our bar at home soon. Unfortunately, the B didn't fit in our suitcase on our return flight.


Moss Letter
The inspiration. Just Google "Moss letter" images and there are so many great ones. I was going to have my florist make it but the price tag was too high. I thought, I can make one, no problem.


Pick up some Instant Green moss (again, you can find a most craft stores). 

Large cardboard letter. You can find at Hobby Lobby, but we ordered this on online (Thanks Mom). It is hallow, so it is light weight. I used my sister's quilt cutting board and an X-acto knife to cut the moss into strips. Then hot glue it on there. Once you get going, it gets easier.

I started with the sides. If you have a little excess, just roll over and glue. Then the top layer will cover up any overlap.

The sides completed.

 I traced the parts for the curves of the B.


Finished up. Last thing was gluing a ribbon on the back to hang. Forgot to photograph that part. Note: Not a difficult project, but the moss scraps get everywhere! Do it outside if you can.



The finished project at the wedding


I also loved the candy bar, but Mom and Bill deserve the credit for this project. I just had the idea and said make it pink, white and gold.  It was a big hit. At the end of the wedding, there wasn't even an M&M left. I just thought it would be pretty for pictures. Highly recommend for future brides.


Little Jackson didn't waste any time.

Thanks to everyone who helped with all the projects!!! Eat, drink and be married!  XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts