Squid Fishing in Hong Kong

How did I spend my last Friday night? I went squid fishing. The season runs from April to October. The original trip was planned for the week prior, but was postponed due to the Typhoon that hit us.  Sadly, we didn't catch a single squid! I even wore an outfit that didn't care about as I was planning on having ink squirted all over me. Basically it was just a night junk, but still fun none the less.

Leaving from Central Piers




After driving about an hour away, we arrive to multiple squid fishing boats



This is what we used for bait. You just dip the hook in and bob it up and down while bright lights shine into the water. Similar to bait fishing if you have ever done that.

Our captain

My pretty hair in the famous Hong Kong humidity


 
 

 Was attempting to capture the full moon


The captains wife was making some sort of "salad"...might have been lost in translation


After our failed attempt at squid fishing, we made our way back to Central



Maybe we will have better luck next time

Want to attempt Squid Fishing yourself? Reach out to the guys at Jubilee:
They will pick you and up to 25 friends from a harbor of choice (Sai Kung, Aberdeen, TST, Kowloon City or Shaukeiwan) and then ride to Sai Kung or Tsueng Kwan O. I recommend trying Sai Kung

  
Jubilee
mkt.JBL@jubilee.hk
+852 3555 5550


Oh and it's BYOB, so bring your drink of choice.

Comments

Popular Posts