My Favorite Things at Christmas

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Don't you just love Christmas? Still trying to get in the spirit despite Christmas being right around the corner. I blame the warm weather and the lack of a Christmas tree in our apartment. Whatever the reason, here are a few of my favorite things to get into the spirit or the season!

Christmas Decorating

One day my house will look like it fell right out of Martha Stewart's Christmas magazine (yeah right). Definitely not as exciting this year as most of my stuff is in storage but it will be there waiting for me







Love this wreath from Ballard Designs (already marked down)

Vintage ornaments
The older they look, the more I like 'em. Beautiful on their own or place them in a glass jar. I like to mix them in on my tree with my new ones. Available at most second hand stores and tons on eBay.



Christmas Music
Everyone has their favorite, but for me it is hands down Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. I like it by Franky or Bing. Can't go wrong with either.

Egg Nog
I consider myself a connoisseur and the best I have found on the market is Organic Valley- available nationwide and in Hong Kong at City Super
Still dying to get a set of moose mugs like on Christmas Vacation
Which brings me to my next point...

Christmas Movies
These are the ones we enjoy in my family. We traditionally watch this one first, right after Thanksgiving. Just about everyone in my family spouts out quotes from this movie-year round. Seriously, you have no idea.

Audrey: Do you sleep with your brother? Do you know how sick and twisted that is?
Ellen: Well, I'm sleeping with your father. Don't be so dramatic....

Ellen: I don't know what to say, except it's Christmas and we're all in misery.

Love Actually gets better every time you watch it. Even better know that I work with so many Brits.

Christmas movie with yummy Jude Law. I love everything Cameron wears in this movie. And her house is my dream house!

Ceramic Light Up Christmas Trees
I believe these came around in the 1950's and I definitely grew up with one in my house. I am pretty sure that even though we put it out every year, my Mom thinks they are tacky. I loved it so much I bought one for myself on eBay. If you are lucky, you can score one at thrift store as I did randomly in LaGrange, GA when shopping with Laura Williams. Somehow my sister talked me into giving it to her, hence the eBay purchase. Also available in white.

My tree in action in HK (about my only decoration)


Advent Calendars

A mini present everyday before Christmas? Why can't we do this every month? It would make the work week so much more enjoyable.





Day After Christmas Sales

Some people live for Black Friday sales. I live for the day after Christmas sales. Hit up Crate& Barrel, Pottery Barn and Restoration Hardware. All the Christmas decor is marked at least 50% off. You can stock up on everything you need and store for next year when you put away your 2011 decorations. Once you do this, you won't be able to purchase full priced Christmas items ever again. Sales are unreal! Oh and the GAP also has great mark downs on this day. Atlanta Peeps- Lenox Mall is your best bet.


Family

Most of all, being with family is my favorite thing of the season, especially with what I have come to call our family motto: We put the FUN in dysfunctional! Sadly I will miss this year but will see everyone soon in the spring!


I will especially miss my little monkeys, Jordan and Jackson,  as they are the most into Christmas and Santa. I will be there next year kiddos!


Be good- Santa is watching!

Comments

  1. Oh, my goodness! What a wonderful blog you have! To answer your question about the moss letters, I found those giant letters at Joann's .

    Thanks so much for stopping by, have a great day!

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts