Girls Day Out in Shenzen

I finally broke down and made my way over to Shenzen (pronounced Shen-jen). This is just across the border in mainland China. Easy to get there-just take the MTR to Lo Wu. There is essentially one large shopping mall to do all your shopping and get things for true "made in China" prices. Wallets, bags, watches, clothes, scarves, jewelry, you name it. I bought lots of presents for family and friends back home, so no purchases are featured in this post. Didn't take as many pictures as I wanted because I honestly was a little scared of being kicked out. This is China after all-they don't mess around.

You literally walk 5 minutes from the MTR and you are there


5 levels of bargain glory

Diane von Fürstenberg heaven

Mr Yang- my new DVF friend. If you are a Honker, you will be have to be extra nice to me to have me give up this source.

Clearly, we made friends. Mr. Yang kept force feeding us tea. It was pretty hilarious! This poor girl was pulling out every pattern they had, but like I said, we were good friends by the end.

We gave our emails so we can get notified of their next big shipment. A brilliant idea or dangerous one, depending on how you look at it.

Pearls!

The girls were being patient as I got my sister's bridesmaids' gifts.

So many pearls. Bags of them everywhere.

Too much?

Stringing while we wait

The mass exit back to Hong Kong

Train ride home

What better way to end the day than with a glass of wine. After a shower, I felt like a million bucks. Until next time Shenzen!
Thanks Crystal and Becca for a fun day!!! XO



Comments

Popular Posts