Shopping at Yue Hwa

I am always up for exploring a new neighborhood, so when my AWA group had a shopping trip planned to some place called Yue Hwa, I said why not? I was told this was the Macy's of Hong Kong. It was a department store, but not the kind I am used to and I am not sure I would compare it to Macy's. It was a strange mix of a lot of different Chinese goods. The layout was pretty comical. There just didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why things were on the same floors together. Bedding and shoes were next to each other. Calligraphy tools and sporting equipment on the same floor. You get the idea. Could be a good place to go back to for gifts or to take visitors. I did walk away with small gifts for my sissys. Always a fun experience checking out some place new.


Herbal teas and medicine are at the entrance. Next to the Mens department naturally.

Little blurry as I got yelled at for taking this picture. Seahorses are on the bottom shelf.

Never a shortage of jade or jewelry in this town.


I love Chinese linens. I found the motherload of tablecloths.







Don't ask me why, but I really wanted one of these antique puppets.

More blue and white china




Know what these are? These are what were used for pillows before cotton ones came about. Comfy, eh?

This is a glass that they used to drink wine from. The green stem is a straw.


Yep, I am going there. What is this?

I really want a pair of these. Suppose I will have to buy book shelves first.


Was curious to see how these felt, but didn't actually try them on.

Chinese Barbie perhaps?

Yue Hwa is completed by a musical instrument department



Peaches







After shopping, we headed out to get some dim sum for lunch. Delicious!




Comments

  1. Thanks Jess, I'm in the market for some blue & white tea gear and I wanted to confirm Yue Hwa would have what I wanted. Looks like quite a nice assortment there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts