Soup Kitchen: Chinese New Year

Since I started working, I haven't been able to volunteer at the Home of Love's Soup Kitchen. I received an email saying they needed volunteers over the CNY Holiday. Since I had the week off work, I signed us up. We ended up with a lot of volunteers that day, but there was plenty of work to be done so they made good use of our extra hands.

Nam Chung Estate

We usually get there around 8:45 a.m. The regular volunteers are already there prepping lunch. All our efforts go towards dinner and the next day's lunch


Still not sure what these are, but they are some sort of specialty item for CNY as I saw them being promoted everywhere in the markets (they looked like brown lard)

 

Lots of produce to prep





The kids were out of school so they came along to help out too. They seemed to really enjoyed themselves.








Serving time

Here are the lard things after they have been cooked up with eggs. Yummy!



A quick pic before heading back to Central

For more information about volunteering with Missionaries of Charity, please click here

Comments

Popular Posts