Running around town

The last two days with my Mom were a whirlwind of running around. These are some shots of  our adventures running around my neighborhood.  Mom had the camera most of the time (shocker) hence all the pictures of the market meat (again).
Very exciting shot of me dropping off laundry
They love the peace sign over here

Checking out some rugs. Where is Home Goods when you need it




Display at my hardware store



This town will drive you to be a vegetarian


For the record, I don't buy my meat from these markets if anyone was wondering

See? Much more appealing than meat, right?

This is called a 1,000 year old egg. I am told they are pretty nasty. They aren't really 1,000 years old, more like a couple of months. Typically made from duck eggs, they are buried in the ground for about 3 months. This process melts their insides to jelly. Mmm delicious!



Note: when you plan a trip to a museum, make sure they are actually open that day of the week. For the record, the Hong Kong Museum of Art is closed on Thursdays



Next stop, the Ladies Market. I tried to constrain Mom on her purchases, but I lost. These vendors probably make 5x my salary off tourist like her

Our Longchamp lady giving me a peace sign- what else?




Seeing all the scary food makes me hungry

Time for some grub

We found this cute little Japanese place hidden behind all the stalls. I think we both ate for less than $5 USD each and it was delicious!



I think rest of these pictures are from the last day Mom was here

My orchid creation

Umbrella man back in action
Local art- this one freaks Matt out

Ceramic shop-so packed.  I was scared that I was going to take something out with my purse
So packed!



This guy had a moving hand to invite you inside.. Funnier in person for sure


Off to the Western Market



Flowers outside the market










The Sheung Wan Market- more crazy meat

Mom gave out a little scream when he put the frog up there. They all laughed at us. Ha!


Buying some ginger




I got my eye on you

More sights around the hood



My big purchase of the day that I found at a junk shop. I am making it into wall art

Doggie Spa near my house. Yes, the dogs has cucumbers on his eyes


We did get a foot massage (not from here) but somehow during our relaxed state, we forgot to take pics. Next time...


Last picture before Mom flew out. Come back soon Momma! Thanks for a great visit!

Comments

Popular Posts