Trip to the Jade Market

Ah the Jade Market. It is here that I get to do two thing that I love in life: Shop for jewelry and bargain. It is a major shoppers high!

The Market is a little off the beaten path and you could walk right by it if you don't know what you are looking for. Whether you live here or are just visiting, it is definitely worth a trip. If you go, be prepared to bargain. You should expect to pay 20%-40% less than their asking price. If you are a jewelry fanatic like me, my advice is to only bring as much cash as you want to spend. It is easy to burn through a lot of money if you get caught up in the great deals and the overwhelming selection. I walked away with 3 necklaces and a perfume bottle. Could have been a lot more if I didn't run out of cash.






The Jade goods





Necklaces galore!







Necklaces strung on the spot


Other fun things you will find there





My Purchases

The Jade Market is located in Kowloon and is open daily from 10-4. Some vendors close as early at 2 so go earlier rather than later. Directions to the Jade Market: Take the MTR to Yau Ma Tei (Exit C). The market is located on Kansu Street off Nathan Road. Look for the purple marker signs to point you in the right direction.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts